In 1910 the engine dimensions were metrified and most model designations became a dual-numbered pair. This model was introduced in 1910 as the Wolseley – Siddeley 24/80, and manufactured at the expanding Adderley Park.
Although John Davenport Siddeley had resigned from the position of general manager of the Wolseley company in June 1909, the name lived on as ‘Wolseley – Siddeley’ until 1911 during which time Wolseley had become one of Britain’s biggest car makers.
The four cylinder engine – cast in pairs – produced 25.6hp from 4249cc. It was fitted with dual magneto and coil ignition, along with a combined oil/air pump – the pressurised air being used to supply the petrol from the tank to the carburettor.
The 20/28 featured a bevel final drive with a four speed gearbox. A pedal operated footbrake applied a contracting metal band to a drum mounted upon the gearbox, whilst a hand lever mounted alongside the gear selector applied internal drum brakes to the rear wheels.
At launch in 1910 the 20/28 was available in 10′-0″ or 10′-6″ wheelbase chassis, by 1912 the Siddeley name had been completely dropped, and was only available as 10′-9″ wheelbase weighing in at 20 cwt.
|Model Designation||Wolseley - Siddeley 20/28 L4|
|Production Period||1910 - 1912|
|Engine Configuration||IL 4|
|Power||25.6 bhp @ - rpm|
|Torque||- lb ft @ - rpm|
|Transmission||4 speed manual|
|Top Speed||- mph (- kph)|
|0-60 mph||- seconds|
|Fuel consumption||- mpg|
|Weight||2240 lb (1016 kg)|
|Length||-‘ -" (- m)|
|Width||-‘ -" (- m)|
|Height||-‘ -" (- m)|