The Wolseley 16/35 was produced from 1925 until 1926 at Adderley Park. The 16/35 had an RAC rating of 15.6hp, featuring magneto ignition and worm final drive.
A new feature of this model was the introduction of front wheel brakes, thereby having full four wheel braking. The four cylinder side valve engine also featured improvements such as monobloc cylinder castings and detachable cylinder heads. Originally with a three speed gearbox, towards the end it gained a four speed gearbox for 1927.
These cars were among the last Wolseleys to be produced at Adderley Park before the original Wolseley Motors Limited was wound up in 1926 with production moving to Drews Lane in 1927 under the new company Wolseley Motors (1927) Ltd.
The 16/35 was replaced with the new much improved six cylinder 16/45 during 1927.
|Model Designation||Wolseley 16/35 AC8|
|Production Period||1925 - 1927|
|Total Produced||~ 1600|
|Body Type||4 Door Saloon|
|Engine Configuration||IL 4 SV|
|Power||- bhp @ - rpm|
|Torque||- lb ft @ - rpm|
|Transmission||3 speed manual / 4 speed in 1927|
|Top Speed||- mph (- kph)|
|0-60 mph||- seconds|
|Fuel consumption||- mpg|
|Weight||2016 lb (914 kg)|
|Length||13’ 2" (4.013 m)|
|Width||5’ 3" (1.600 m)|
|Height||-‘ -" (- m)|